September 17, 2012

Fun Read!

So I'm in the middle of this book, but I have to post about it just because I think it's so darn cute so far.

It's called The Big Over Easy by Jasper Fforde.

I can't tell you if it's a good read all the way through, but so far it's delightful. It's about Humpty Dumpty's murder. And it's got clever references to a bunch of other nursery rhymes along the way. Heck, it's even a pretty good little mystery. 

On another note...if you are a fan of Downton Abbey (which I can't wait till Season 3 BTW) you might be a fan of what I'm about to write... 
The House at Riverton brought me back to the happy days of when I was watching Downton. It's about a maid working in an English home during the World War. The book was kinda slow, but the ending made the book worth the read. Confession time-between all the British things I watch and read, I now sometimes think in a British accent and have conversations like this with my husband:
Me: I am sorry if I sounded cross with you. I wasn't meaning to.
Him: Did you really just say cross?
Yes, yes I did.


2 comments:

Jennifer said...

So many people have talked to me about Downton Abbey. I am trying to watch it on Netflix but am struggling a little with the first episode. Does it get better as I go along? I really want to get into it. Someone let me know. We can discuss it at the next cousin party coming up. ;)

Carlee said...

Ha! I love the dialogue with Andrew. And yay for Downton Abbey...I think it gets better with every episode Jennifer. We'll discuss at the cousin party for sure!