July 19, 2012

The Brothers

This book was incredible.  Not necessarily the story or the writing, but the content and the way it has changed my perspective affected me a lot.  This book is the first in a series and it takes place in the pre-mortal world.  The plan to send spirits to earth has been set in place, but the Adversary and his followers have not been banished yet.  It follows the experiences of 3 (obviously) fictional brothers and makes you realize that the decision of who to follow must have been a challenge for many people, just like it is here on earth.  There are many great reminders of truths we know and it actually became a testimony builder to me because it caused me to think more on eternal perspective, the Lord's plan for us individually, the Atonement and more.

There's a good chance I just read it at a good time for me and it won't have the same affect on others, so sorry if I hype it up too much.  Regardless, it's an uplifting read.




(P.S. I listened to this one too.  I think there was something to the fact that I heard the different characters, rather than just reading.)

1 comment:

Kate+Andrew said...

I read this book a few years ago and loved it. Your review was perfect and it does change your perspective. Thank you for reminding me that I need to read the next one!!!