July 12, 2012

The Actor and the Housewife + more...

I listened to this book on CD in my car and found that I really liked the narrator.  She did different voices for the different characters and was entertaining.  In fact, I'm not sure how much I would have liked the book had I just read it.  It wasn't a hugely exciting book, but fun because of the narrator.


On the other hand, I really like this author.  I've read 5 other books of hers.  I'll do a brief review of them because a lot of you have daughters that I think would enjoy them!  The author is LDS so they are clean.  The Actor and the Housewife has some Mormon culture references, but the other books don't. 



I really liked this one.  I own it so if anyone wants to borrow it and are going to see me any time soon, I can loan it ;) 





These 4 make up the Bayern Series.  I haven't read the last one yet, but I really liked the other 3.




This one probably held my interest the least, for whatever reason.



This one was fun...


Younger girls probably wouldn't care for it.  It's completely clean, just more adult themed.



Shannon Hale has at least one other book, Princess Academy, which I haven't read, but have heard good things about it.



Phew, long post.  Sorry if this author is old news to everyone!

3 comments:

shannon said...

I loved the Bayern books. Just an easy, fun read. I didn't know the author had so many other books. I will have to check them out.

Jennifer said...

I loved these books too. The Actor and the Housewife was a little weird for me. But I love the Goose Girl. I liked The Princess Academy too but not as much as the Goose Girl series. Fun Author!

Joellen said...

I love the Goose Girl series, although I read them and Princess Academy several years ago before I had Anna. I will have ck out Shannon Hales other books sometime.