April 21, 2012

Books, books, and more books!

So... I haven't written in a while, but I have been reading like crazy the past few weeks. Here's a recap of a few books I've read. I really do hate recommending books, because everyone is just so different, so I'll just give a little info and you can do what you want with it:)
The Uglies, The Pretties, The Specials, The Extras series by Scott Westerfeld: I read the first 3 books within like 2 weeks, so I needed a break and haven't read the fourth one yet. This is another young adult sci-fi that is ever so popular nowadays. It captured me, although I did find myself having to re-read some paragraphs to understand what was going on.
Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet: Cute story about a young friendship between a Japanese and a Chinese. The problem is in the fact that it's during WWII, so the Japanese-American people were treated like enemies. Not my favorite book, but don't regret reading it.
The Secret Life of Bees: Many of you have probably already read this, but if you haven't give it a shot. Set in the South in 1960's. I think there was cussin' in it, but can't really remember.
The Help: If you haven't, you should read it. Loved it.
Saving Cee Cee Honeycutt: Just finished this book. Again, not my favorite but it's a quick enjoyable read.
 The Night Circus: I just started this book, seems interesting. Can't tell you exactly how I feel about it yet. Warning...it did say the f word in the first few pages. But, so far it's just been the one word, so if that changes, I'll report back. Peace:)

1 comment:

Carlee said...

Yay, more books!