
Well, I'm at Grandma's house. She's an avid reader....seriously avid. So, of course, she's gotten me on a new reading list. Last week I read The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie.
It was a delightful little mystery. Set in London 1950 with a chemistry-lovin' little girl that sets out to find the truth behind the mystery.
This we
ek, I am reading The Forgotten Garden. I've enjoyed it so far. It's one of those books that changes point of view almost every chapter, so if you don't like that kind of writing... be warned now.The next books I will be reading will be Help (which has a movie coming out in a few months) by Kathryn Stockett and Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand (author of Seabiscuit). The first is about a journalist and the lives of black maids in the 1960's. The second is about an Olympic runner who becomes an airman in WW II and then is taken prisoner by the Japanese.
Grandma hasn't led me astray yet, so I'm excited to get the next 2 books going!

2 comments:
Hey, I just got the Forgotten Garden at the library this week, but haven't started it yet. I also happen to have Unbroken on hold too. I'll report back once I've read them! The Help is a really good one.
I also loved The Help...
Post a Comment